Saturday, November 14, 2009

Wiki page: ClassTools.net - NETS-T II, IV, V

From a pre-existing wiki page describing Web 2.0 tools for schools, I selected a suite of Creativity tools to explore for a collaborative classroom wiki (using Wetpaint) devoted to current applications of technology in the classroom. I developed content about Rivers of the World from 4th grade Geography curriculum materials to sample some of the tools contained in ClassTools.net.

Using Classtools.net, I created a sample of a virtual book using the Animated Book flash template and an arcade game with multiple game formats using the Arcade Game Generator customizable flash template. I created a weblink to this site and also to the "live" template files I created to sample this creative tool set for teachers and students. Once I published my wiki page on the classroom wiki, I commented on my peers' wiki sites as I reviewed samples they had created on their wiki pages. This classroom wiki will be an excellent resource for student teaching and curriculum content development in the classroom as a professional educator.

In addition to the interactive educational games and activities for learning and reviewing factual material, the site provides templates that promote organizational and analytical skill development for every grade level from K-12 and beyond. A source analyzer to determine reliability of online and printed research source materials and a planning tool that addresses multiple intelligence learning styles are two of the advanced features of note.




These samples from ClassTools.net illustrate just some of the multiple format, multilevel educational games and activities available free of charge to teachers and students:

No comments:

Post a Comment